Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Daughter...

Who can decipher Love,
or how can one tell how Love is weaved in another’s soul
or how it thinks, and feels and suffers?
I am the silence in which a river hides itself at times
At the bend of its course
In the womb of the earth
And I am the cry without a voice
inviting Love to come in
I cannot force it
I cannot dictate how or when or where Love
should express itself…
but if love does not return to me
as generous and spontaneous as it
comes forth from my own well, 
I shall not faint...
I would still invite it with open arms
again and again...
Through the humble offering of service
In the silent grace that accepts it all
while the heart awaits.


“Just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with everything they got”

1 comment:

  1. This has brought me comfort numerous times - every time I come back and read it. Thank you for sharing, thank you for bringing my thoughts into words.

    ReplyDelete