Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012

The garden has become a beautiful and desolate island... there is something almost mystical lingering in the chilled air... this time, however, there is no winter troll in the garden, no lullaby fairy or witch to disturb the heart... just a real garden, and a real woman, yet, a woman forever immersed in the magic surrounding her...

Oh the hallowed sound of silence... and this white vastness filling every corner inside!... nothing moves, nothing disturbs the sacredness that has descended upon the land, no human voice defying harmony, no barking dog, not the sound of a distant vehicle....

I see angels dancing down the path, white sea-foam clumps in wind-tossed tree branches, and then, behind my back a soft fluttering of wings.... something takes flight behind me; perhaps an intruder myself in this wonderful wonderland of silence and nature, I have disturbed the peace of a winged friend...

It’s wonderful... the leaping free spirits of birds, the dream of a snowy land, and to sense the miracle of life in everything which is natural, and behind me, though it is a cold dreary time of year, a safe and warm nest to call my own... a home. The place where my imagination can metamorph and fly as a bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment