Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

I’m living in some sorts of a dream; as if walking outside my body… do I really live here? Have I stumbled down the rabbit hole into some magical world? I’m I lost?

Those are just the words... words I have chosen to describe how I’m feeling these days; for I’m not my usual self lately. It isn’t anything unusual—this mutation of the soul. In fact, it is the customary at this time of year… for I require a drop of sunshine; warmth to comfort the soul and a little flower or two… and thus, it’s like walking through fog these days; feet slowly moving forward, arms and hands parting branches and shrubbery in coolness so deep, I shiver.

Walking the solitary garden is like walking the mystical landscape of poetry, and I’m unconsciously reminded of Ann Bronte and her soulful writings… and my heart is “like a sensitive plant that opens for a moment in the sunshine, but curls up and shrinks into itself at the slightest touch of the finger, or the lightest breath of wind”.

So I’ve bought me a red blouse to cheer me up. Generally I would not wear red. Red is not precisely my color, but it sets off balance in the whiteness and barrenness of winter. Red is definitely one of the colors of winter, and I should wear it more often.

Tesa and I had so much fun last week at the mall trying on all sorts of pretty things. We laughed and shared secrets as we tried out the perfect lipstick shades and played games and even run a bit hand in hand through the isles when nobody was looking… We tried many a handsome hat too, but we thought that the red ones looked supper cool on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment