Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1, 2012

Few things are more magical and exciting to me than sleeping in the garden under a starry sky. But when that is not doable, sleeping in a delightful hodgepodge of sheets and pillows in as many flowery patterns as possible is my very next favorite thing!

I don’t mind at all that every pillow shows a different pattern, or that neither sheets nor pillows match with each other. I don’t mind the mismatched combination of colors either, if they’re all pastels. I like different shades of pale pink together. There are so many shades of pink, and they all look beautiful together, to me.

Waking up under my new sheets this morning was like waking up in a meadow of tiny flowers… like sprinkles of petals; like a coral-bell meadow; or like a field of Queen Anne's lace in the sunlight, like the amaryllis that glittered above the pasture when I was a little girl living in a faraway country… a perpetual summer with flowers that fall like confetti and little puffball-pink clover flowers, scattered all over around me.

Before I stood up from my bed this morning, I closed my eyes and imagined I was sitting in a muslin dress on a field of pastel flowers, counting petals. When I opened up my eyes again I truly thought I had been to some enchanting place… Where?—a world beyond my imagination; otherwise my bed, of course! How delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment