Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 22, 2010

Memories of summer...  all of it in my mind—cool green grass, cotton clouds floating in baby blue skies, the subtle perfume of roses filling the air as I go by... I love summer, but it is still a long way before summer arrives to these parts of the world.  So I have to go with what I have:  Memories of summer. 
Old roses, roses of gone-by summers; summers that linger in my mind.... roses which scents are delicate and sweet and musky.  Remembrances of roses thriving in my garden after the first snow; their ruby vibrant color intact... and I loved how embellish my room on an old tarnished silver tray.  And then there are the Medallion roses and a bouquet of which I confectioned this morning in the most delicate of pinks.  The roses were not yet fully opened, but still lovely. 
 
Medallion hybrid tea rose has huge blossoms of creamy apricot blooms and very green foliage.  It is one of the largest roses in my garden, and one of my favorites.   


No comments:

Post a Comment